Friday 8 February 2013

Some Good News


Thought I hit publish yesterday, but I guess I didn't... oops.



We've had some good news! ***Happy Dance!!! ****

1. My younger brother got his first "real" job.  He's a teacher and it's difficult to land a job where he lives but he got creative he did it!

2.  Another friend after almost a year of unemployment was told that she is this.close to an offer of employment!

3.   Today I got my period, and on time!  This means tomorrow I go for a suppression check and then we are off to the races to start stims.  I've thankfully never failed a suppression check so hopefully this one will be no different.

4.  Yesterday we put an offer on a property in my hometown.  We know who the seller is and we hear they are motivated to sell.  We are hoping to make a deal!  It's the perfect location for us and the house is very livable right now, which was not the case for a few we looked at.  As of right now, if we got an accepted offer, the plan is keep the property as a cottage buy a little boat and live there NEXT SUMMER (whoot- whoot!) and then increase our time there.  We would renovate it eventually (it's always been a dream of mine to build a home).  We are in discussions about moving there full time.  D works from home so this could work for us.  

5.  I am still attending boot camp.  Yeah me! I'm proud of myself. I've been going 3-4x per week.  I also have a get out of jail free card coming for exercise - nothing other than light exercise after day 4 of stims.  I like guilt free non-exercising!

6.  My aunt offered to travel with Colorado with me.  She's newly retired and said it would be a nice trip for her.   I'm grateful for this.  She's the best aunt anyone could ask for.  In many ways she acts like more of a mother to me than my own.

I'm still working on the bathroom but need to go and pick out the tile.  I've been procrastinating a bit.  The toilet and sink are cream coloured and the shower has grey tile. I would like to change the sink to white.  However all of our toilets in our house are cream coloured and I really don't feel like updating them all.  I'm not sure if the money spent doing so will increase the value of our house.  I think the money could be better spent elsewhere if we chose to spend.

I'm also working on the curriculum for the kids program I run once a week.  I despise this part of things.

The other thing I am doing is working on an annual summary of our lives.  This is the 4th year I've done this.  I write out all of the good and some of the not so good events that happened throughout the year.  This helps me with my memory (it's not the best).  Also I think it's neat to reflect over the years that have passed.   It makes me feel productive and good to look back at all of the things we did.  It's also kind of validating in a weird way.  2012 was a tough year for us fertility-wise.  Two miscarriages before March,  1 surgery and 3 fertility procedures.

My Dad says he feels like good things are going to happen in 2013 for me and my siblings.  So far my two brothers have been having a good year with the new job and new baby.   I really hope he's right!

PS) I forgot to take before pics of the bathroom! Boo!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for all the good news! And yay for doctor prescribed non-exercise. I love guilt free laziness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it doesn't get better than that does it? Well maybe if he prescribed some chocolate and foot rubs for relaxation. ;)

      Delete

I'm interested in what you have to say