Tuesday 12 March 2013

Seeing the future

Someone posted something on resolve.org yesterday and it reminded me of something.

It's a weird random story.  And it's also not so random because it is something I think may be also contributing to the somewhat hopeful phase that I'm in right now.

Disclaimer - A) I am a Christian.  B) I don't know really what I think about tarot card and other psychic readings even though I've had three experiences.  I think they can mean something, but not everything if that makes any sense.  C) And, I don't know what I think about A & B put together.  It makes my head hurt.  I try to keep an open mind.

The Abbreviated Story:

Several years ago I went to a tarot card reading just for fun.  It was at a psychic fair.  At the time I was still very busy in my professional career and just starting to get a hint that we might have fertility problems.  There were no doctors were involved yet.

When the person did my reading, the first six cards that turned up for me were translated by the reader to me as: baby, death, baby, death, baby, death.

Creepy x 1 million billions. Think that would have stopped me dead in my tracks?

Nope.  I didn't even think twice about it until years later.  At the time I thought it was because two of my employees had confided in me that they had miscarriages right around the same time.  I was dealing with rescheduling their work so they could have some time off.  I thought that was what the reading was referring to.

Years later, I've had two miscarriages.  The first was a twin pregnancy.  The second one I didn't get far enough along to have an ultrasound.  I've always thought it was a singleton because my HCG levels were low, and because after the fact I did some in depth research of the embryology reports, including talking to the embryologist.  Only one of two of the embryos transferred that time was a really good quality.

I'm so hoping I'm at the end of the dead baby phase of my life.


Freaky, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I totally believe in tarot cards. I am sure you are at the end of this terrible cycle, and I am sending you lots of good vibes for the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope it is. Sending good vibes back at 'cha!

      Delete
  2. That is freaky! I had a tarot card reading last year. It was all very average and boring so I don't even remember any of the reading. I would certainly remember if that much death showed up. I hope that is the end of it for you and your next pregnancy is your take home baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's freaky deaky. I don't generally go in for stuff like that but every once and a while it's scarily accurate.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say