Wednesday 27 November 2013

Support Group



Have any of you been to a support group? I'm thinking of trying one out but I don't know what to expect.

On one hand I think it won't hurt to meet some other people with IF.  On the other hand, I think it could be weird and awkward, and not very helpful.

I contacted two groups.  One responded and said that they are in a lull right now with their attendance because people have graduated.  So that's kind of got me feeling not overly optimistic about it too.

What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I wish there was one around me. I would try it out if I could. It can't hurt to go once, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a support group right before my last IVF and found it very helpful. When it ended up working I never went back even though they say to go through the first trimester. I didn't know those women enough to go back pregnant - I thought it would be hard for them. I really wish I had started going much earlier. I think it would have helped me a lot to have had that support earlier on. I definitely recommend going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes Yes...they are so rare and hard to find but so helpful. I definitley recommend at least trying one visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the name of one in my area and I know when they meet, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to go yet. But I really, really want to. I've heard nothing but good things.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say