- Talk about my children only when necessary. No stories about what they did that was cute the other day or how we cuddled last night at bedtime and they whispered I love you. Because it hurts even if they don’t show it.
- I will ask regularly how they are doing with all of this? And ask what this experience has been like for them?
- I won’t be scared of hearing the hard stuff, the sad stuff, and the depressing stuff.
- I will find adult only time for them because I remember how isolating infertility can be.
- I will try to say ‘yes’ to their requests for activities, knowing that it’s a sign and opportunity to offer support.
- I will listen more and talk less.
Thursday, 7 November 2013
If I ever make it to the other side
If I ever make it to the other side and I’m talking with a friend who is infertile, I want to remember to…