Tuesday 21 January 2014

Still waiting

So my body has decided that it is going to take it's sweet time to have a period.  I'm on day 42(!) right now.  This has happened a few times in the past couple of years.  It never really inconvenienced me much when it happened then.

This time though, it has successfully increased my anxiety.  Because I finished my endometrin yesterday and I'm still taking the lupron.  The doctor thought I would have my period by yesterday. 

I know, it's only one day, but I can't help but worry that it's going to mess up my lining or hormone levels for next month. 

If there was any sign of it coming I might not be as worried.  I sometimes spot a bit before it shows up, but this time I haven't.  

My moods haven't been great, and have been kind of PMS-ey but that could also be the meds.  Or it could be depression related.  I dunno. 

Tomorrow I'm going to call the nurse and tell her I'm feeling anxious about this.  I'm going to ask her if it's a big deal? And how it can affect my next cycle.  

Tonight, D and I are going out for dinner with friends that we don't see often.  It will be a nice treat to have a meal out on a weeknight.  We're having Italian too, my favourite! 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry it's stressing you out. Hope the nurse has kind words for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, bodies! Why do they never EVER cooperate??? Have fun at your dinner tomorrow night and I hope it helps you de-stress a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say