Wednesday 10 October 2012

When my waterline is high



It took me a long time to figure this out.  But now that I have it has opened up a lot of new information for me.

I've been noticing that when my emotional waterline is high to do with IF, everything else seems a lot less manageable.  My house starts to look like a disaster.  I'm more snappy with D.  Things that I would normally let slide stick.   I try to control these feelings, but I'm an internalizer.  So this means that I just end up swallowing them.  And this strategy mostly comes back at me like a boomerang. 

Today I'm getting two of my wisdom teeth extracted.  And I can actually feel the anxiety kicking in.   And yesterday was worse.   

I'm not sure how to lower this waterline.  I need to find a new coping mechanism.   I think the internet (Facebook, Pinterest and email) are my biggest coping mechanism.  But the problem is that Facebook and Pinterest are also big triggers. 

I need to find something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say