Tuesday 2 April 2013

What the doctor said about the cyst

He said that we have to wait until my next period.  That he doesn't want me to take any more medication.

They will wait until then to see if it goes away on it's own with my next period.  If it is still present they will address it.

The nurse said they wouldn't have seen this on the laparoscopy because it is likely inside my ovary.

She also said that sometimes they can linger for months.  She said that they shouldn't be growing because it's not a good sign.  I asked her what that could be a sign of and she said that it could "impact the ovary".

My friend had a cyst in her ovary and it ruptured, causing her to lose hers.  I wonder if this is what she means?  In a way if I lost both of my ovaries next month in some weird way I might also view it as a blessing.   These damn shrivelled up, barren little things have caused me nothing but unhappiness.

She said that there is nothing I can do to make it go away faster.  She said sometimes they give people birth control, but with me they just wanted to see if it would go away on it's own.  I'm good with that approach.

D & I had a big talk today about our next steps.  I'm mostly too exhausted to write about it here today.  Maybe in a few days.  I've been in IF overdrive and I need a break.

Thank you for all of your kind words of support.  Today it felt like all I had to hang on to.




3 comments:

  1. Take the time you need to process your feelings. Whatever choices you make for the next steps, I hope you get off this roller coaster ride of infertility soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to know when to move on to something else or hope for the next treatment to actually work. It messes with your mind and emotions big time. The big talks take a lot of energy as well, but I'm glad you are talking it through so you can come to a decision together. And I'm sorry the cyst have sidelined you, that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today. So often, wait feels hardest of all.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say