I am so angry. So fucking frustrated. I hate today too.
We had coordinated this appointment day, based on the doctor's availability. They said the doctor would be in on Thursday, and that day could work for the D&C. We got permission from Dr. Schoolcraft to move our ultrasound from Thursday to Tuesday for this reason.
- Stress can affect hormone production in natural cycles. However because they were controlling my hormones, he didn't think it was a factor. There was no research to suggest a relationship.
I asked if she could check again with the manager. We were long time patients, we just needed this one thing. We didn't have another alternative for care. Could they please, please help us?
She said she would ask again. She did, and she said the doctor said no this time.
Thanks a lot, Doc.
Why does this have to be hard too?
1. Going to an emergency room for care and getting a random doctor.
2. Going back to Dr. Highrisk. However, he isn't exactly in my good books anymore after not diagnosing a 5 week fetus as a problem in a supposed to be 7 week pregnant woman.
3. I have another OB, who I haven't visited in over 5 years. I don't have faith in him because my friend (who is a maternity nurse at the hospital where he works) told me that she wouldn't choose him for her care. She was trying to be professional and we didn't go into specific issues about him, but she hinted at issues. So, needless to say, I want to stay away from him too.
4. I called another RE that I had dealt with in another city a few years ago at a specialty hospital. The nurse said he doesn't do D&Cs, and that there is a clinic in the hospital that would help me, but it wouldn't be until after the long weekend.
I feel so frustrated that I just want to give up on this. I am exhausted, super bitchy and overwhelmed. I told D I that I was done.
He called a local fertility clinic without any luck. He also called our family doctor to see if he could help. He priced out flights to CO to see what that option looked like. The flights were expensive on such short notice and so close to a holiday.
If this option ended up costing too much money, we could put that towards testing the embryos. We wanted to be mindful of that and not to spend too much money.
While I'm not totally good with everything that happened in our last visit, I agreed to see him again.
We are running out of options. We fully trust our family doctor. We are meeting with Dr. Highrisk first thing tomorrow morning to see if he can help us. Hopefully he can.