Thursday 3 January 2013

Pleasant Blur




The last week and a half is what I would describe as a pleasant blur.   Celebrations for us consisted of Christmas with D's family at our house and then theirs, at my Mom's, at my Dads, with my Dad's side, my Dad's girlfriend's birthday, a consult with Dr. Schoolie, my sister's birthday party that I organized, then a New Year's party at our place that ended at noon the next day.  Phew!  It was great, and I'm very grateful for it, but it's also great to be back to reality.

I'm alone in my house with my cat and this computer, sore muscles from my exercise class this morning and (a cheat) decaf coffee.  All I can hear is my washing machine.  It's nothing short of amazing.  And nothing on the schedule for the next foreseeable future.  Ahhh.

Well I guess that's not entirely true.  We'll be travelling in a few weeks to see my brother's baby after it is born.   He will be my first nephew.  I'm excited to meet him.  And nervous at the same time.   I hope I don't get a huge baby hangover from it.  I think I'll need to start putting on my armour for it now.

Oh! And I will be getting our calendar soon from CCRM.

Right now though, I'm looking forward to catching up on all of "my" blogs.

2 comments:

  1. A New Year's party that ended at NOON? Wow, you guys are some crazy party animals! I would have been asleep in your bathtub ten minutes after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mee too usually. Somehow I stayed up until 5am, then got up and made everyone brunch. I'm still tired just thinking about it.

      Delete

I'm interested in what you have to say